- RSS Channel Showcase 5709433
- RSS Channel Showcase 3408594
- RSS Channel Showcase 2133422
- RSS Channel Showcase 1484054
Articles on this Page
- 01/11/18--09:12: _KofC of Our Lady of...
- 01/11/18--09:11: _Learning the import...
- 01/11/18--09:11: _Parliament Place El...
- 01/11/18--09:11: _Deer Park H.S. seni...
- 01/11/18--09:11: _Lindenhurst student...
- 01/11/18--09:11: _West Babylon Junior...
- 01/11/18--09:10: _West Islip High Sch...
- 01/11/18--09:10: _Babylon students sh...
- 01/18/18--11:08: _Deer Park H.S. anno...
- 01/18/18--11:08: _West Babylon Junior...
- 01/18/18--11:08: _Soldier surprise sh...
- 01/18/18--11:08: _Students at Udall R...
- 01/25/18--09:46: _Football player Ern...
- 01/25/18--09:46: _North Babylon footb...
- 01/25/18--09:46: _West Islip winter t...
- 01/25/18--09:46: _Deer Park boys hoop...
- 01/25/18--09:46: _West Babylon girls ...
- 01/25/18--09:46: _Suffolk County Amer...
- 01/25/18--09:45: _WIHS students parti...
- 01/25/18--09:45: _Bellone provides ci...
- 01/11/18--09:12: KofC of Our Lady of Perpetual Help honors Deacon William
- 01/11/18--09:11: Learning the importance of financial literacy in Lindenhurst SD
- 01/11/18--09:11: Parliament Place Elementary designates October 18 Pink and Denim Day
- 01/11/18--09:10: Babylon students showcase their new languages
- 01/18/18--11:08: Deer Park H.S. announces top 10 ranked seniors at ceremony
- 01/18/18--11:08: West Babylon Junior H.S. participates in Google Expeditions program
- 01/18/18--11:08: Soldier surprise shocks West Babylon seventh-grader
- 01/18/18--11:08: Students at Udall Road celebrate annual Spirit Week
- 01/25/18--09:46: North Babylon football players achieve notable accolades
- 01/25/18--09:46: West Islip winter track stars “RIP UP” records
- 01/25/18--09:46: Deer Park boys hoops tops South Side for 11th straight win
- 01/25/18--09:46: West Babylon girls hoops looking formidable in 2017-18
- 01/25/18--09:46: Suffolk County American Legion holds Oratorical Contest
- 01/25/18--09:45: WIHS students participate in service trip to Guatemala
- 01/25/18--09:45: Bellone provides civics lesson for Udall’s Current Events Club
The Knights of Columbus of Our Lady of Perpetual Help Council #794 recently honored Deacon William R. Crosby Sr. as the “Italian American of the Year.”
[img_assist|nid=81319|title=|desc= Second-grade student Amina Baijnauth of William Rall Elementary School explored careers through the Junior Achievement program which presented a series of educational games and interactive lessons focused on financial literacy.
As part of its recognition of October as National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Parliament Place Elementary School in the North Babylon School District designated Oct. 18 as Pink and Denim Day.
Deer Park High School seniors Fabiha Khan and Lauren Leon were recently named commended students by the 2018 National Merit Scholarship Program.
On Sept. 24, Lindenhurst Union Free School District athletic teams, coaches, administrators and community members, along with local and state politicians, joined members of the Renna family at the 11th annual Christina Renna Foundation walk-a-thon and blood drive held at Lindenhurst Middle School.
During Dr. Patricia Neville’s library classes at West Babylon Junior High School, students were challenged with building a structure out of candy pumpkins and toothpicks on Oct. 31. Working in small groups, the completed structure tested the weight of a small pumpkin.
West Islip High School’s Peanut Butter and Jelly Gang struck again, succeeding in their annual holiday initiative to help feed New York City’s homeless.
Students enrolled in both Foreign Language and English as A New Language courses throughout the Babylon School District continue to make bountiful strides toward mastering new languages, due to the help of engaging activities and robust instruction from district staff.
Deer Park High School recently announced the school’s top 10 ranked seniors at a ceremony held in the library, with proud parents in attendance.
Sixth-grade students at West Babylon Junior High School participated in a Google Expeditions AR pioneer program on Nov. 15. The Google technology allows objects to be projected into 3-D images and mapped out in the physical classroom. Students are able to walk around the classroom with phones attached to selfie sticks and explore the objects.
[img_assist|nid=81397|title=|desc= Shown: Colleen Bonamico, an airman first class in the U.S. Air Force, surprised her sister Grace, a West Babylon Junior High School student, at school on Dec. 15.
Students and staff at West Islip’s Udall Road Middle School recently participated in the annual Spirit Week celebration, wearing crazy hats, team jerseys, wacky outfits, patriotic colors and blue and gold combinations. Crazy Hat Day proved particularly creative and colorful.
Supervisor Rich Schaffer, Deputy Supervisor Tony Martinez, Councilmembers Jackie Gordon and Terence McSweeney and Town Clerk Geraldine Compitello recently recognized local football player Ernesto Mitchell of Wheatley Heights. Mitchell, 16, earned the Bob Collotta Award for being the top linebacker in Suffolk County last season.
The North Babylon School District is proud to announce that in addition to the high school varsity football team’s tremendous accomplishment of earning the 2017 Suffolk County Championship, several players achieved notable accolades.
West Islip High School’s winter track athletes have been on a tear, ripping up school records with spectacular performances.
Senior Greg Bove recently broke the school’s winter indoor track triple jump record with a jump of 42 feet, 8.25 inches, a jump almost a foot greater than the previous record.
When you lose the first game of the season, there are a lot of questions to answer.
Uh oh, are we in trouble? Were we not ready? Were they just a better team than us tonight? Are we ever going to win a game?
It’s easy to have doubt creep into the mind.
Talk about a turnaround.
For the last two seasons, West Babylon girls basketball finished the season with identical 11-9 records. Now things have clearly changed.
Shannon McGuire, the program’s all-time leading scorer with 1,022 points, has graduated. Now it is players like Brittany Claud, Caitlin McGuire and Grace Guglielmo leading the way for the Eagles.
The Suffolk County American Legion held its Oratorical Contest Jan. 6 at the Rusy-Bohm American Legion Post in Islip.
This past summer, a dozen students – all now seniors – from West Islip High School participated with teacher Noreen Matthews in the school’s seventh annual service trip to Guatemala with Common Hope.
S.C. Exec. Steve Bellone recently visited with students in the Current Events Club at West Islip’s Udall Road Middle School to discuss how local and regional government functions.